28 June 2007

Hello Sock

IMG_0875.jpg

I'm almost done with my first Cable Twist sock (closer than this pattern implies). I should be done already but things like parenting and work and sleep keep getting in the way.
Anywho, I want to reverse the stitch pattern on the second sock so the two are mirror images of each other so I spent my lunch hour swatching. Here's what I came up with (I tried to write it up just like the original pattern):

To reverse the stitch for the second sock:
Row 1: *K2, K1 tbl, RT, P2* repeat around
Row 2 and all even rows: *K5, P2* around
Row 3: *K1, K1 tbl, RT, K1, P2* repeat around
Row 5: *K1 tbl, RT, K2, P2* repeat around
Row 7: *RT, K3, P2* repeat around
Row 8: as for row 2
Repeat these 8 rows for pattern

Right Twist (RT) as follows: Slip second stitch from the left hand needle to the right hand needle as if to purl. Without slipping the stitch off the needle, knit the first stitch, allowing the second stitch to drop off left hand needle.

*(This can done with a cable needle by slipping the first stitch onto the cable needle and holding it to the back of the work. Then slip the next stitch as if to purl and knit the stitch on the cable needle through the back loop.)

*Edit I changed the position of the K1 tbl after some testing. I like it better when it comes before the slipped stitch.