16 May 2006

Kate?

OK, OK, I've had the satisfaction of a couple of quick knits and I have to get back to the baby sweater now. By the way, the baby I'm knitting for is named Rowan - guess what kind of yarn I'm using?
This is Kate from Knitty but Elah has named her Cheyenne Vera Guadalupe.




Pattern: Kate by Jess Hutchison for Knitty
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted
Source: Stash
Needles: Clover Takumi, US8 DPN
Size: I didn't measure her
Time to finish: 2 days

My sewing skills aren't great but that's no big surprise. I placed the ears too far forward and the legs are slightly askew but Elah loves it and that's what counts.
I had fun making Kate and would like to do more of the core (peanut) shape to give as baby gifts and maybe at least one where I use the triangles (ears) as pieces of a beak.