23 May 2006

Crafter's Choice

So I broke down and joined a book club. I couldn't pass up the deal and am convinced that this will not be like the last time (10 years ago) when I could never remember to return that stupid card and I ended up with a bunch of New Age (don't ask) books I didn't even want.

Here's how it works: you order 4 book for 4 bucks (or $14 after s&h but who's counting), you then agree to buy 2 more books within a year. That's it. I actually ordered my 4 books plus an addition one as it was 1/2 off. I ended up spending $30 on 5 books, not bad.

So do they have any good books you ask? Observe:


Vogue Knitting Stitchionary: Volume One, knit & purl


Mason*Dixon Knitting
by Kay Gardner & Ann Shayne
(by the way i recently learned that ann's sister is a parent at elah's school with a child in the same class - it's like we're practically related. ok, maybe not but at the time yada yada yada)


Knitting Over the Edge
by Nicky Epstein


Scarf Style
by Pam Allen


Crocheting School: A complete course
(i am convinced i will master the hook)

Filling my one more book commitment won't be hard either, I think I'll end up choosing one of the following:
Loop-d-Loop
Handknit Holidays
Inspired Cable Knits
The Yarn Girls' Guide to Beyond the Basics
Decisions, decisions...

Also I ordered another copy of the Happy Hooker (from amazon) to send to my SP.

Jeopardy Time:

Entering them into Delicious Library.





What is almost as fun as getting so many new books?