07 July 2006

Done!



Pattern: Wendy's Toe-Up Sock Pattern
Yarn: Schoeller and Stahl Fortissima Colori / Color 9069
Source: My Secret Pal - Thank You!
Needles: Inox Pearl Grey, US1 29"
Size: Child's size 1.5-2 (shoe)
Started: June 25, 2006
Finished: July 2, 2006

I was a little nervous about this yarn because it seemed a bit scritchy but one wash revealed a soft, super comfy sock! I used Wendy's pattern but after swatching I actually used the Handy Book of Patterns to figure out how many stitches to cast on and then I used Booty McCutie's feet to measure as I went along.. I bound off with a US4 Addi Turbo because I bind off tightly. They fit perfectly, maybe a little too perfectly. When you have a 5 1/2 year old who is as tall as an 8 year old you should know better than to buy or make items that fit perfectly. If you do, they only fit for about 2 weeks.

E loves her sock and wanted to wear them when I had only finished one; she said that mismatched socks would be fine. I made her wait until they were both knit and laundered.



PS Technically this is my first pair of socks. In the past I knit other socks but had a serious case of SSS and never finished (or even started!) the second sock. The result was a couple of socks living in my stash mismatched in yarn, color, and size; they've since been frogged.