10 December 2005

The Weather Outside is Frightful

I've been enjoying the 16 degree weather, except the exact opposite of that. On the plus side I've been getting a lot of knitting done. I knit my first pair of mittens and for Elah ad then knit another pair in LSU purple for my cousin, Grayson, which I felted. The mittens are great except that the thumb is too small to fit anyone I know. See the progress below.




I'm also working on my first pair of gloves with some hand dyed yarn I got at the craft fair at the Waldorf school in Shelburne. The only thing I would change about the pattern is doing the ribbing in a smaller needle and decreasing 4 stitches or so on the first round of stockinette. Aside from those 2 minor details I love the pattern, thanks for letting me hoard you book, Reba! I'm very excited and my mom already hinted very heavily that she could use a pair; she even went as far as to show me her everyday winter hat so I could see which shade of grey would best match. Very subtle.