28 December 2005

KWANZAA: A HOLIDAY FROM THE FBI

"President Bush's 2005 Kwanzaa message began with the patently absurd statement: "African-Americans and people around the world reflect on African heritage during Kwanzaa." I believe more African-Americans spent this season reflecting on the birth of Christ than some phony non-Christian holiday invented a few decades ago by an FBI stooge. Kwanzaa is a holiday for white liberals, not blacks."
More of Ann Coulter's spew here.

How infuriating! My daughter's entire school celebrates Kwanzaa right before the holiday break. They spend the time learning about African American heritage and exploring the principles of Kwanzaa like unity, faith and purpose. Not only is Kwanzaa celebrated but the children talk about the traditions celebrated in their own households as well. Elah's school is very diverse and in no way looks at Kwanzaa as a celebration to assuage white liberal guilt. I have to stop now before my reasoning powers break down and I just start name calling out of sheer frustration. The fact that there are people this ignorant and hateful out there makes me very sad. I doubt Ann Coulter asks herself, "What would Jesus do?"