30 October 2007

Thank You & Actual Knitting

Know what makes me feel better when I'm down? Hand knit socks! After returning from Toronto, I found these awesome socks (and other goodies) waiting for me. My Sock It To Me pal, Ann (blog Ravelry), knit me these beautiful socks that fit perfectly.
IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1824.jpg
The pattern is from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch and the yarn is Claudia Hand Painted in the colorway Eat Your Veggies.

Ann Also sent a package for Elah. She was beside herself when she discovered that part of the package was for her.
IMG_1825.jpg

I feel totally spoiled. Here's what else was in the box. A beautiful pouch filled with all manner of tea,
IMG_1828.jpg

shortbread cookie mix and A First Treasury of Knitting Patterns (can you believe it!?),
IMG_1827.jpg

a skein of STR medium in Farmhouse (I love the colorway!).
IMG_1826.jpg

Seriously, Ann, you went above and beyond and really made a difference in how I was feeling. I immediately put the socks on and even slept with them on (unheard of!) that night. Thank you.

In my own knitting news, I completed an EZ Baby Sweater on Two Needles (Ravelry). It was my grief knitting. I figured what better way to work through it than by knitting something for a new life.
IMG_1833.jpg
Yarn: 2.5 skeins, Rowan Wool Cotton
Color: Elf
Source: Kaleidoscope Yarns
Needles: Addi Turbo US 5 crics
Date Started: 20 October 2007
Date Finished: 28 October 2007

Up next: I am furiously trying to finish my SSS sock by Thursday.