10 September 2007

Good Causes

G, Reba and I went on a 5k walk this past Saturday to raise money for the Laura Kate Winterbottom Memorial Fund. Proceeds went to fund projects that benefit victims of rape and violence; you can read more about the fund by following the link. Reba was on the news too (bonus).

I want to thank everyone who sponsored us. Violence against women is scary and all too common; I'm happy to think the we made a small difference in someone's life while honoring the memory of another. Really, thank you.

In other good cause news, Carla, my old secret pal is looking for some generous people to sponsor her in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. Not only do you get to feel good about donating your money to a worthy cause, you get the added bonus of being entered into her blog competition. Go check it out, you'll be glad you did.

And finally, for those of you who only come for the pretty pictures (yeah I know you're out there).
IMG_1516.jpg