04 September 2007

Embroidery & Tutorals

Elah had a great first day of school today. It was so nice to go back to this warm, welcoming cmmunity of parents and teachers. Yes, it's expensive and yes, being a parent/teacher cooperative means a lot of additional work on my part. But Elah thrives there and I know it's the right place for her. This may be the last year we can send her there but I feel very grateful that she was able to have 3 years; it's a good start.

On a crafty note, her shirt was a hit! I'm still working on embroidery practice projects...observe:
Redwork

I've received a couple of emails from people looking for some online embroidery resources so here you go.
Needle 'N Thread has online videos! (think knittinghelp.com)
Crafty Daisies is holding a free online embroidery class.
Needle Crafter has a ton of free vintage patterns.

Have fun and if you have any questions shoot me an email or leave a comment.

PS In knitting news I've finished designing my first pair of socks. The pattern should be forthcoming.