29 August 2007

I'm a bad blogger.

First the good news: I'm all better! That's really it, there's no bad news.
It's been a long time since I last posted and even longer since I replied to anyone's comments. I do still have all of your emails and I will reply soon.

I didn't really knit all that much while I was sick but I have been trying to work on a sock pattern for the Summer of Socks. Here's my test sock. I didn't end up going with any of these patterns.
IMG_1502.jpg
Click the pick to go to flickr and see all the patterns.
I really like the top pattern but I think it's too much like the snicket socks to be original.
I did eventually settle on a pattern and am in the process of test knitting and charting now.

I also received my package from my last.fm/ravelry swap partner.
IMG_1503.jpg
The package is awesome! It contained a CD, a card, some beads (not pictured) and a beautiful skein of Cider Moon yarn in Hocus Crocus. I've been wanting to try Cider Moon and I adore the colors.

Here's the playlist from the CD.
IMG_1504.jpg
This is the second time I've done a simple package and one skein swap ad I love it!

Also in pre-sickness knitting I made a pair of Saartje's Bootees for a woman at work who's expecting.
IMG_1494.jpg
The yarn is left over from the Bloody Mary socks I knit for my Sock It To Me pal.

What else?

Oh, I've picked up my hoop again for the frist time in about 15 years.
IMG_1497.jpg
My first practice project.

IMG_1507.jpg
A shirt I made for Elah's first day of school. She'll be in 2nd grade this year (!) which at her school makes her a Tau. It's a big deal, for the first 2 years she was in the same classroom so this is her first big change in awhile. She loves the shirt and when I gave it to her she gave me a huge hug and told me that she thought she'd cry. Only I could have a child who gets verklempt.

*whew* OK, that's it for now. Sorry it took so long Stoneking and Jess.