02 November 2005

Worst Pal Ever

So my Secret Pal sent me my first package a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to properly thank her. When I first opened the package the first thing I saw was a picture of a terribly ugly crocheted vest. My first reaction was "I'm doomed!" Then I realized that my fabulous secret pal read my questionnaire and knew I'd like to learn some basic crochet. The vest was a pattern in the back of a publication called "Learn to Crochet in One Day." *relief* She also sent me a beautiful crochet hook and 2 balls of Debbie Bliss cotton angora and a lovely shade of light purple.

My computer is all fixed and at home and my camera is back from being lent out so I swear I'll post a pic soon...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Secret Pal!

In other news the seaming class I took at Northeast Fiber Arts was great! I learned so much new stuff about finishing (even things that take place in the beginning like casting on), that I am in the process of frogging my entire Marilyn Sweater so I can re-knit it. So far I've re-knit one sleeve and am almost done with the back (I didn't put the cable on the back, I thought it was weird).

I also borrowed a book from Reba and knit my first pair of gloves for Elah and I've knit one oversized glove of a pair for my cousin Grayson (in LSU purple of course) that I plan to felt.

I feel like there's more but it escapes me at the moment.