27 May 2005

Eat Hufu™

Thanks to Ami for bringing this new (or should I say very old and rediscovered) cuisine to my attention.

I don't know what's worse, that people interested so much time and energy into this project, that there's a demand or that they are currently out of stock and all new orders are backordered. The founder of Hufu™ used to be a practicing lawyer. This is the spot where a lawyer joke would be appropriate but it just seems too easy. The biggest question I have is how do they know that Hufu™ tastes like human flesh? Who, exactly, are their taste testers? That very same question is addressed in their FAQs but not, to my tastes (sorry about the pun), satisfactorily.

I understand that it's my cultural identity that make me abhor the thought of consuming human flesh (fake or not) and that in some cultures it is perfectly acceptable but the very idea of this product gives me the heebie jeebies. That's all I want to say about this.