15 December 2006

Colorwork

So, as you may know I joined my first KAL. I started with the Norwegian mitten pattern from EZ's Knitter's Almanac, using Knit Picks Telemark. The first mitten is OK but there were some things I learned along the way and some changes I wanted to make. I rewrote the pattern a little so that the thumb come from the side of the mitten rather than the palm and changed my color scheme. Don't get me wrong, I liked the old colors but my cousin is a HUGE LSU fan and I think he'd rather have a completely different color scheme rather than one that was kinda like LSU's.

The old mitten (the color is most accurate in the cuff picture):
norwegian_old
norwegian_old_back norwegian_old_front


The new mitten:
norwegian_back
norwegian_front



Holiday knitting would go much faster if I'd stop miking myself socks... I just cast on for Monkey.