28 April 2006

Yarn Harlot

As promised here are some pics from the trip Reba and I took to go see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at Webs in Northampton, Mass.
Stephanie was great, witty, funny, self-deprecating - all the things I love about her. She seemed surprised by the number of knitters (and a couple of muggles I suspect) that came to see her but I wasn't.


Later we went to Webs and get this - I didn't buy ANY yarn! Can you believe it? I think I was on sensory overload. Reba and I were there for a total of 3 hours and there was just so much yarn, too much yarn for my tiny knitterly mind to comprehend. I'm ashamed to admit that I just couldn't handle it. I did, however, get Knitting Rules! signed.


Afterward Reba and I went to A to Z Science and Learning Store,

where Reba bought this sweet kite.


Finally we went to Osaka for some sushi before we hit the road. The trek up the mountain of stairs was worth it; not only was it some of the best sushi either of us ever had but our total bill was $35 - unheard of in the realm of Japanese cuisine.


Unfortunately it was raining and dark on the way home so it took us more like 4 hours than 3 to get home but it was fun. I haven't made a last minute road trip with a girlfriend since before E was born and I had a great time.