05 July 2007

Sock It To Me Swap

1. What are your foot measurements? (Please give shoe size, length and circumference.)
I wear a US 9.5, UK 40, my foot length 9 3/4” (25 cm) is and the circumference around the ball is 9” (23 cm)

2. How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.)
I’ve been knitting for a few years. I’ll rate myself as Intermediate because there is still a lot that I haven’t done but I do think that if I give it a try, I can do it all. :)

3. What is your favorite color? Your least favorite color?
My fave color was orange but now I think it’s green. I don’t like anything day-glo.

4. Do you have a favorite fiber? What type?
Probably wool because it is most versatile but I really like everything; silk because it’s shiny, cashmere and alpaca because they’re soft, etc.

5. Do you have any allergies to certain fibers?
No.

6. Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wishlist? (If so, provide the link.)
Yes but it’s not really up to date so I haven’t included it. What I really lust after are Barbara Walker’s treasuries. I don’t have any and keep dreaming that I will find one in a used book store or at a thrift shop. If my pal finds one like that (they’re really quite expensive to buy new) or has a duplicate copy of one, that would be great.
I've also been wating to try (but haven't yet) Sock That Rock, Cider Moon, Yarn Pirate and Wollemeise sock yarns.

7. What techniques, if any, would you like to learn?
How to knit Continental with even tension. I guess I actually know that, I just need more practice! I can't think of another off the top of my head. Usually when I want to learn a new something I just scour the interwebs and figure it out or ask another knitter to show me.

8. Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks?
Yes. I love milk chocolate with or without nuts, most things coconut, all things shortbread.

9. What is your family situation? (Children, Husband, Pets...etc.)
I have a 6 year-old daughter, a 21 year-old son cousin and a 4 year-old cat.

10. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Metal, plastic or wood?It depends on the situation; I like them all.

11. Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit?
Um, socks, wait someone said that already. As long as my needles are working I’m happy.

12. Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try?
Not that I can think of. You can get a good idea of the books I already own by clicking the library thing button in the sidebar (that's almost all of them).

13. Do you like to read? What are you reading currently?
Yes. Lamb by Christopher Moore (don’t bother, it’s disappointing). Up next, Spook by Mary Roach.

14. Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.)
Yes.

15. What kind of music do you listen to?
Everything: classical, metal, alt country, old country, alt, indie, hip-hop, some pop, punk. The list goes on. You might be able to get a better idea of it here.

16. Is there anything you collect?Do yarn and pattern books count?
I don’t have any special collections, I just pick up random items as they catch my eye. Some general favorites: old religious (Xtian and other) items, gnomes, hedgehogs, mushrooms, dark woody this from the East (i.e. India, China). Is that helpful?

17. What are your hobbies, aside from knitting?Seriously?
Well, I work full-time, go to school part-time and parent, I don’t really have time for much else. I do, however, love to cook.

18. Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs?
Yes, the Yarn in a Tea Cup swap and the Charade and Summer of Socks 2007 knit alongs.

19. Do you have a favorite scent?
I like sandalwood, lavender, rosemary, lemon (as long as it doesn’t smell like Pledge), cedar, lime.

20. When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL.)
November 30 (but when I was a kid I was convinced that it was November 40)