06 August 2006

Best Weekend Ever

We had a busy, perfect weekend. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from Saturday because I didn't think to bring my camera. But Saturday I packed a picnic dinner with fried chicken, potato salad, roasted asparagus and watermelon. Then Elah and I had a picnic with Reba, Ron, Galandrielle and Lucy at Oakledge park. We also did a little kite flying (except me, I did some kite dragging).

Sunday started with Elah, who loves to get up at 6:30 on the weekends, sleeping until almost 10!

Sunday we swam at the pool.
Cannon Ball 1 Cannon Ball 2 Cannon Ball 3

Marveled at the clear sky.
August 6, 2006 August 6, 2006

Took Flat Scout to the A&W in Middlebury, along with Reba, Ron, Galandrielle, Lucy, Emily and Bill.
A & W

Saw this creepy church sign.
I Always Feel Like...
I get the point they're trying to make but it's flawed in two ways:
1) It sounds stalkerish and gives me the heebie jeebies
2) People don't live any better when they're being watched, think Flavor of Love or Big Brother.

In knitting news:

One finished Fetching fingerless glove.
fetching1

One mystery project.
mystery1

One finished pair of footies for Elah.
footies

Pattern: Generic
Yarn: Cascade Fixation
Color: Hyacinth - 9989
Source: I think I got it at Creative Habitat
Needles: 2 Addi Turbo, US3, 16"
Size: 8 years - Women's Small
Started: July 30, 2006
Finished: August 2, 2006

172