15 November 2007

Actual Knitting

I'm off to Boston tomorrow to get some color added to my tattoo. Check flickr tomorrow to see pics I send from the phone.  In the mean time check out these FOs, lest you think I didn't actually knit any more.

IMG_1849.JPG
One day I will get out of work before the sun sets. In the mean time you'll have to live with this.

Pattern: Koolhaas from IK Holiday 2007
Yarn: Shokay in meadow
Needles: US5, 3.75mm and US7 4.5mm

This was originally knit for my friend but I think the design is to feminine for him so it will go to my sister for Solstice. It should go with the gift I knit last year.  If you knit hat I suggest you learn to cable without a needle, it will make the job go much faster.

IMG_1848.JPG
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The details:
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Burly Spun in orange you glad, 1 skein
Stitch: seed stitch over 15 sts with the first of each row slipped
Needles: Bamboo US15, 10mm
Inspired by: This awesome knitter
Time to knit: 2 evenings