27 December 2006

Yarn Aboard!

Leif Erikson is here! The Yarn Aboard package made it's way to my house and it was filled with goodies from Manda.

leif1.jpg

Leif started in Louisiana and has travelled as far as Iceland.

leif2.jpg

Can you imagine how excited I was when I opened the box to find this?

leif3.jpg

Here we have super yummy peppermint bark (already gone), homemade stitch markers, needle holders, a black sheep tape measure, two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Somerset, a whopping skein of Trekking XXL in color 134 and last, but not least, a reindeer with peppermint candies for my daughter.

leif4.jpg

You need a close up of these beautiful handmade stitch markers from Manda.

leif5.jpg

I am so amazed by this thoughtful package. Elah was so excited that there was something in one of my secret pal packages for her; she's been sleeping with the reindeer and refusing to eat the candy because she wants to save it. Manda also sent me the lovely red card you see in the previous post and a picture of a building in Dallas. Thank you.

I have almost everything I want to put into the box for the next recipient. Next stop - Brooklyn!